Hiring - November 4, 2021
Ingham County Central Dispatch is actively looking for new dispatchers to join our team! Check out the Employment Information Page for more information!
Important News - August 13, 2021
Ingham County Central Dispatch wants to inform the community and persons we serve that the end of 3G wireless connection is rapidly approaching. Wireless carriers will discontinue support of 3G devices in 2022. Older style 3G models of Tracfones, flip phones, Jitterbugs, etc. are going to start falling off networks sooner than later. 3G devices will not only be disabled from normal use – they will also be unable to dial or call 9-1-1. If you or a loved one has been keeping a 3G device for 9-1-1 purposes only, eventually it will no longer work at all.
How do you identify if you have a 3G device?
- Check the phone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity)
- IMEI should be available on a smartphone in the “About” tab of settings
- IMEI from the phone’s keypad by pressing: *#06#
- Once you have your IMEI number go to: https://www.imei.info
- This site will provide details on the phone and the network for which it is set up. 3G networks use frequencies at 900Mhz or 2100Mhz.
- Additional links from major wireless carriers
Ingham County Central Dispatch asks everyone to check their device and/or help loved ones to ensure you remain connected to each other and so you will always be able to reach 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
Follow us on social media!